A few Saturdays back, we watched Tom Cruise’s Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation. I so love Tom Cruise as an action star. The movie will keep you on your feet and will keep you guessing what’s going to come next with every scene. It’s definitely action-packed, very techy, with a good sense of humor. Should the franchise kick-out tome cruise as Ethan Hunt, I vow not to watch any Mission Impossible Franchise again.
Anyways, I have decided to make a few changes in my blog posting. The Husband and I noticed that we only have a few posted recipes on desserts specially baked goodies. So I have decided to start every week with a post on any dessert recipes and afternoon tea/coffee recipes, baked or no baked, frozen or hot, chocolates or egg-based, flour or cereal based, anything and everything sweet. I am obliging myself to make desserts and any sweet delights, pushing myself to further improve my skills if there are any hidden inside me. Because of that, you can expect me to be posting ice-cream, chocolates, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cookies, etc.
To start with, here is my chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I’ve been into cookies this time. Though I am still on my quest to perfect my steamed rice cake or puto in Filipino, alternately I’m experimenting on my cookies. I’m trying to come up with a chocolate chip cookie that my husband and I would love together. This particular recipe produced a soft cookie. The husband liked the flavor specially the right sweetness to it as it is not cloying sweet nor overwhelmingly buttery. I think the brand of the butter has something to do with the right butter flavor. There are butter that usually gives an overwhelmingly buttery taste and the best way to prevent this is to reduce the amount of butter to be used and add a bit of either shortening or oil. Or use another brand of butter, in this case, I used the brand Lurpack. The flavor is just right to our liking.
I made these cookies particularly as a thank you present to Ate Rachel for lending us her IELTS book reviewer. I hope they liked it specially their little boy, Patrick.
The husband definitely like this chocolate chip cookies because even before my cookies were completely cooled down, he already finished 2 pieces and when he found out that I gave everything away, he complained like a child. I need to be baking more cookies in the coming days 🙂
SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
All-purpose Flour – 300 g.
Baking Soda – 4 g
Salt – 2 g
Butter, unsalted, room temp – 200 g
White Sugar- 150 g
Brown Sugar- 100 g
Egg – 1 pc (large)
Vanilla essence – 5g
Chocolate Chips – 150g to 200g
1.Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix together the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3. Mix the brown sugar and white sugar together
4. Cream the butter and sugar together on low speed until fluffy. Slowly add the egg and vanilla essence. Cream until the mixture becomes light in color.
5. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches and mix under medium speed until fully incorporated.
6. Throw in chocolate chips and mix at low speed until just incorporated.
7. Scoop out the cookie dough using an ice creamscooper and lay them on a greased or waxed-paper lined baking tray
8. Bake for 7 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius
© myFresha-licious (24August2015)
DO CHECK US ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST
– myFresha-licious on Facebook
– myFresha-licious on Pinterest
– All photos, texts, and anything published in this site is owned by the Authors of myFresha-licious.com, unless otherwise mentioned. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO COPYING, NO REPRODUCTION OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR/s.