I am so bored. I still cannot move around that much since I get tired too easily which I am not sure why since I haven’t felt this way when I was still “anemic”. I suppose to feel better right now since I had my blood transfusion and I’m taking meds for my stomach, and yet I feel even worst. And I miss my Mama and my nephews and niece. Around this time in the Philippines (4pm / 11AM in Qatar), the kids are already flocking the dining room rumbling with their favorite plates and cups and waiting for their snacks to be served. Mammy (that’s what the kids call my Mama) usually will cook kakanin or pancit or pasta or she makes sandwiches for her grandchildren’s afternoon snack.
One of the kids favorite is pasta and this is the sweet red spaghetti Mammy always makes for the kids. As you can see from the title and the picture, it is sweet and creamy and comes with lots of sliced hotdogs since that is how my nephews and niece want it.
PINOY SWEET RED SPAGHETTI
Spaghetti– 500 g.
Cheddar Cheese, grated
Banana catsup – 1 1/2 c
Water 2 to 3 cups
Sugar to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
Ground Pork or beef – 250 g.
Hotdogs, thinly sliced – 10 medium pcs or as desired
Onions, diced – 1 large
Garlic, crushed and minced – 3 cloves
1. Cook spaghetti as per package direction
2. Heat oil in a wok then sauté the garlic and onions until they are aromatic.
3. Stir in the ground meat and pan fry it until it almost turns brown.
4. Add in the hotdogs and stir for a minute.
5. Pour in the water, catsup, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer
6. Add the cornstarch dissolved in a small amount of water. Stir. Bring to a simmer under medium fire until the sauce is thick. Adjust taste to your liking.
7. Add the cheddar cheese and continue to simmer until the cheese melted.8. Pour the sauce on the spaghetti and mix.
If you want, you can add more grated cheddar cheese then serve
Your kids will love this 🙂