I’ve made several chocolate chip cookies, however, I’ve been using butter for the fat ingredients. This time I made use of oil. I find it more convenient to use oil, the liquid flowing fat than using fat in its solid state. Using butter, I still have to wait for it to soften before I can use it. It takes time.
And my cookies still looked awful. I saw my tukayo’s chocolate chip cookies and they look yummy and gorgeous and she was just using a spoon and her bare hands to make those beautiful creations. I suddenly felt ashamed of myself for buying an expensive ice cream scoop using my cookie baking as a justification to spend on it. Well, I’m making ice cream so I really need that ice cream scoop, don’t I. That was supposed to remove that guilt feeling I have for the ice cream scoop 🙂
Oh well, I’ll try what Sharon Rimando is doing with her cookies, scooping out the dough using a spoon and forming it into a ball by hand then flattening them on the pan. I’ll do that next time 🙂
For now, try this recipe.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES with OIL
All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 c.
Baking Soda – 3/4 tsp
Vanilla Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 2 medium
Granulated White Sugar – 1/2 c
Corn Oil – 1/2 c
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips – 3/4 c
Baking Procedure :
Baking Temperature : 180OC
Baking Time – 15 to 20 minutes
Yields: more than 2 dozens (depending on the size of the cookies)
1. Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
2. Beat eggs using mixer for 1 minute then add sugar and cream them at medium speed until they are fluffy
3. Add oil and continue beating at medium speed until the mixture is fluffy
4. Change the paddle/beater of the mixer and use the dough hook.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix until they are homogenous. (The dough should be wet)
6. Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
7. Using a spoon or an icecream scoop, scoop out dough and place it on a pan lined with wax or parchment paper.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180OC or until the top of the cookies are no longer soft