I am having a problem satisfying my cravings first of all because I don’t know what I am craving for. My taste buds like something savory. A mixed of flavors perhaps and a bit salty. So I thought of making macaroni with tukey bacon and a mixture of cheeses. And so I did. I cooked it for breakfast yesterday.
It was yummy and I’m having a bit of fun with it. Then my husband, like a child, requested that I put pineapple coz he finds my macaroni boring. I suddenly lost my appetite :-(. I told him that not every dish we cook needs to have pineapple in it. Specially not with this macaroni. Then he gave me a lecture on conventional and unconventional cooking. He went on saying that good cooks follow convention but great cooks do not. So I stormed the kitchen and recook my macaroni adding the pineapples with it. What can I say, my husband usually hit some buttons in me.
|Turkey Bacon Macaroni & Cheeses with Pineapple. My nephews and niece would definitely love this|
TURKEY BACON MACARONI & CHEESES
Elbow Macaroni (uncooked) – 1 cup
Garlic, chopped – 6 cloves
Onions, chopped – 1 medium
Bellpepper, chopped – 1 small
Black Pepper powder
Salt to taste
Mozzarella, grated – 1/3 c
Parmesan, grated – 1/4 c
Cheddar Cheese – 1/4 c.
Pineapple, diced – 5 slices (Optional)
Cooking Procedure :
1. Cook the elbow macaroni as instructed in its package. Drain and set aside.
2. Place the olive oil and bacon in a pan and stir fry the bacon until they become brown and crispy.
3. Add the garlic and saute it until it becomes aromatic. Then add the onions and the bell pepper. Stir until the onions wilted.
4. Add the pineapples with around 2 tbsp or its juice. Stir for a minute.
5. Toss in the macaroni. Season with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Continue stirring for about a minute.
6. Sprinkle the parmesan and cheddar cheese on the macaroni and stir well to spread the cheeses evenly.
7. Lower down the fire then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the macaroni. Stir until the mozzarella melted.
Since I added the pinapples late, I have to cook them first before mixing them to the macaroni.
– In the same pan where you cooked the macaroni dish, stirfry the pineapples under low fire for about 2 minutes then mix it with the rest of the macaroni dish.