Things, food, methods, procedures are invented with the main reasonof satisfying needs or desires. Like the baking method of cooking came up because maybe our ancestors wanted to eat something else other than grills, soups and stews.And where there are methods and procedures, there are the set standard methods to follow. In baking for example, you need to cream the sugar and the butter first when you makecookies or make butter cakes otherwise you won’t get the right or acceptabletexture or quality of your baked goods. But what if one has no mixer to do the creaming? Not even a hand-held mixer? Does that mean I cannot satisfy my cravings for cookies or butter cakes?
Ofcourse not, before mixers were invented, there was the fork and thehands 🙂 And I can make use of that just to satisfy my cravings 🙂
Soin short, this cookie recipe I baked made use of no electricmixers 🙂 A woman has to do what she needs to do to satisfy hercravings and serve something delicious for her man 🙂
|The chocolate cookies at the left are made by a caterer. My husband gave it to me to taste it and compare it to my hand-mixed cookies at the right. AND despite the ugly shape of my cookies, they are far better in terms of taste and texture 🙂 Frederick is proud of me. Now, he really needs to buy me a mixer|
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
All Purpose Flour – 2 c.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (dark) – 1/2 c
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
White Sugar – 1 c
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Butter, softened – 5 tbsp
Eggs – 3 large
Milk Chocolate Chips – 1 c
Cooking Procedure :
1. Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
2. Beat eggs well and set aside.
3. Rub the softened butter with the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the beaten eggs on the dry ingredients and using your hands, mix and mash the ingredients well.
6. Add the chocolate chips with the wet dough.
7. Place a wax paper on a baking dish/pan.
8. Using a spoon or an icecream scooper, scoop out cookie dough one at a time and place it on the wax paper.
9. Bake the cookies for 20 minutes at 180OC
Cool the cookies first before serving with your favorite drinks. I’m sure my nephews and niece would also love this. I miss them so much 🙁