I’ve been meaning to cook fish and chips for a long time now but the thought of deep frying it is a put off. Fish maybe heart-friendly and healthy but the method of cooking it may make it unhealthy. So I decided to resort to baking.
I’ve been baking chips since we stocked on frozen potato strips instead of having them fried. French fries are usually deep-fried thus they absorb too many oil AND THAT is unhealthy.
The breaded parmesan fish I baked is quite good and cheesy but I don’t like the sutji fish fillet I used. I’ll try to use other white fish next time, maybe tilapia or cod fish would be far better.
BAKED BREADED PARMESAN FISH
White Fish fillet – 4 fillets (3″x4″)
Olive oil – 2 tsp or less
Soya Milk – enough to cover the fish
Salt – 1 tsp
Bread crumbs – 2/3 c
Parmesan Cheese, grated – 1/3 c
Basil, dried and ground – 1/4 tsp
Thyme, dried and ground – 1/4 tsp
Marjoram – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder – – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
1. In a bowl, mix the salt with the soya milk. Place the fish fillet in it and let it stand for an hour at least.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a glass baking dish with the olive oil.
3. Mix together the ingredients for the breading.
4. Take fish fillet from the soya milk then dip them into the crumb mixture one at a time.
5. Arrange the breaded fish fillets inthe prepared baking dish.
6. Drizzle or spray a small amount of olive oil over fish fillets.
7. Bake for20 to 30 minutes, at 180°C depending on the thickness of fish fillets or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.