This month of February, I obliged myself to bake some cakes and other desserts. After all the month not only symbolizes love and romance but it also highlights everything sweet :-). Too bad I won’t be able to make chocolate truffles as we cannot find any couverture chocolates around the country :-).
Anyway, so here is another experiment. I was actually thinking of baking an apple pie since we have lots of apples inside the refrigerator, but I haven’t had the chance to buy a pie cutter for me to be able to make a descent pie crust.
Try this recipe as it is really delicious. I just love the combination of the cinnamon flavor and that of the apple. You can eat as many slices as you want as it is not cloying sweet 🙂
All Purpose flour – 1 1/2 c
Brown Sugar (I used dark) – 3/4 c
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Powder – 1/4 tsp
Corn Oil – 5 tbsp
Eggs, beaten – 2 large
Fresh Milk – 1/2 c
Apple, diced – 2 large
Butter – 2 tbsp
Baking Procedure :
Pre-heat Oven : 180OC
Baking Temperature : 180OC
Baking Time – 20 to 30 minutes
Yields: 9″ round cake (1″ tall)
1. Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a pan and stir in the diced apples. Continue to stir under slow fire for 5 minutes. Remove from fire and cool down.
3. Preheat oven to 180OC
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients to the dry mixture except for the diced apple. Blend well until homogenous.
5. Fold in the diced apple. Transfer to a non-stick pan or greased pan or pan line with wax/parchment paper.
6. Bake the cake for 20 to 30 minutes at 180OC or until a toothpick or a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy as a dessert or a snack perhaps during coffee or tea break 🙂
© myFresha-licious (12February2013)