I think my husband enjoyed cooking and eating pasta because after making spaghettie marinara ( see his recipe here – My Husband’s Spaghetti in Marinara Sauce) he cooked another spaghetti dish and this time using a beefy marinara sauce. Well, he just tweaked his marinara sauce recipe and added beef and he had what his taste-buds were looking for 🙂
SPAGHETTI BEEF MARINARA
Spaghetti – 150 g
Parmesan cheese, grated
Beef, lean and ground – 250 g.
Ripe Tomatoes, diced – 4 large
Bell pepper, chopped – 1 small
Tomato paste – 50 g
Olives, sliced – 2 tbsp
Onions, chopped – 2 medium
Garlic, chopped – 5 cloves
Basil, dried and ground
Thyme, dried and ground
Marjoram, dried and ground
Rosemary, dried and ground
Sweet Chili Sauce – 2 tbsp
Ground black pepper
Sugar – less than 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Magi Magic Sarap – 2 tsp
Sunflower oil (or any vegetable oil available)
Water – 1/2 c
1. Cook spaghetti until aldente as directed in its package. Drain and set aside
2. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté the beef until it turns brown.
3. Stir in the garlic and cook until it turned almost brown.
4. Stir in the tomatoes and onions and simmer for a minute.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the tomatoes are fully mashed and the sauce thickened.
6. Throw-in the olives and bell-pepper. Adjust taste as needed. Simmer for another 5 minutes
7. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti noodles and mix well.
Transfer the spaghetti mixture into a serving plate and top it with grated parmesan cheese before serving
Want more recipes on pasta dishes? Click our pasta dishes collection