I’m done posting the recipes of the dishes that was cooked during our family reunion last Undas (all Soul’s day) This week, I will be posting some recipes I cooked when we sponsored the second bout of our reunion which was held the day after Undas. Since we had an all-red-meat spread during our first get-together, Mammy and I decided to cook none-red-meat dishes. That’s why most of those I made are fish dishes while Mammy cooked dinengdeng as my cousins’ requested.
The first recipe I’m going to post today is that day’s favorite – my creamy tuna and mushroom pasta. It’s been a long time that I haven’t cooked any pasta dishes until this dish. My husband is not into eating pasta. He prefers noodles over it. The only pasta he knows is the Filipino sweet spaghettie and it’s not pasta to him if it’s not red and sweet (sigh… long sigh…) Such ignorance is killing me sometimes. I love pasta. I love cooking and experimenting on pasta and the one person that I want to share my pasta dishes doesn’t like pasta 🙁 Nah, I can always force feed my husband into eating it if I wanted to 🙂
I cooked the creamy sauce andthe tuna separately because I thought that the kids might not like it. Iwas wrong though, because they all love it including the kids 🙂
Try this simple yet tasty, creamy, and cheesy pasta. I’m sure you’re going to love it too. You can mix the tuna immediately with the white creamy sauce if you like it.
CREAMY TUNA & MUSHROOM PASTA
( https://www.myfresha-licious.com/ )
Spaghettie Noodles – 1 kg
Cheddar Cheese – as desired
Flour – 7 tbsp
Sunflower Oil – 3 tbsp
Evaporated Milk – 2 tall cans (375 ml x 2)
Water – 6 cups
Cheddar Cheese, grated – 200 g.
Knorr Chicken Cubes – 2 pcs
Salt – 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder – 1/8 tsp
Canned Tuna in Oil – 600 g. of the tuna
Button Mushroom, sliced – 400 g.
Garlic, chopped – 10 cloves
Basil Leaves, dried & ground
Rosemary Leaves, dried & ground
Thyme Leaves, dried & ground
Oil from the tuna – 2 tbsp
1. Drain the tuna and set aside at least 2 tbsp of the oil.
2. Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic until aromatic.
3. Toss in the tuna then the mushroom. Season with basil and rosemary leaves.
4. Let it simmer.
1. Mix oil and the flour heat it under slow fire while stirring briskly for a few minutes.
2. Pour in the milk, water, Knorr Chicken Cubes, salt, and nutmeg and bring to a boil. Stir continuously and break any lumps. The sauce must be homogenous.
3. When the sauce begins to thicken, add the grated cheese and let it simmer under low fire until the sauce is thick but pourable.
You can mix the sauce and the tuna-mushroom toppings before serving and pour it on the pasta. OR you can pour the sauce on the pasta and top it with the tuna-mushroom toppings. Either way you like to serve it 🙂