Just finished video-chatting with my husband over skype a few minutes ago. He was in the middle of his lunch, devouring the liver steak he cooked. It was perfect he said, soft and not tough and chewy, and it is a bit sweet. So here’s his recipe for those who love to eat liver. The way he cooked this is almost similar to that of the bistek. We have posted a few recipes on bistek, check pork bistek and bistek
My husband used vinegar, by the way, since he wasn’t able to buy lime nor lemon.
Liver is a good source of iron 🙂 with that said, we suggest that you include liver in your diet. You can check this link – liver, for some dishes with liver we have previously posted.
LIVER STEAK ALA BISTEK TAGALOG
Cow’s Liver, thinly sliced – 500 g.
Garlic, crushed and minced – 10 cloves
Onions, sliced into rings – 2 large
Black pepper, powder
Magi magic sarap
Cooking Procedure :
1. Mix the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the liver for at least 30 minutes
2. Heat the oil under medium and fry 3/4 of the garlic until they turn brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, pan fry the liver until no blood oozes from it. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Remove some of the oil that remains in the pan. Heat the oil and fry the remaining garlic then add the onion rings stir for a minute then remove them. Set aside.
5. Pour in the marinade sauce and add a bit of oyster sauce. Let it simmer.
5. Toss in the cooked liver, garlic, and onion. Remove from fire immediately.
© Fresha-licious (10October2012)