Munggo (mung) beans – 1 cup
Pork , sliced into small sizes – quantity as desired
Pork Chicharon – quantity as desired
Onion, diced – 1 medium
Garlic, diced – 5 cloves
Fish Sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt and Ground black pepper to taste
Aside from spinach leaves, you can also add other leafy vegetables like the malunggay (moringga) leaves or kamote tops (young leaves of sweet potatoes) or any edible leaves that are available
© Fresha-licious : Spinach leaves
1. Cook the mung beans in a pressure cooker until it is cooked. It will look like mushy
2. in another pan, sauté the garlic, then the onion and ginger, then the tomatoes. When the onion is translucent, add the pork and pan simmer it until the pork is cook.
3. Add the cooked mung beans.
4. Season with salt, ground pepper, and fish sauce. Add at least ¼ of the pork chicharon. Let it boil for a few minutes.
5. Add the spinach leaves and then remove from the fire. Let the heat of the soup cook the veggies
Top the ginisang mungo with the pork chicharon before serving.
© Fresha-licious (04