I usually am the one who makes breakfast but last Sunday was different, Frederickdid (sweet 🙂 ) He made me tortang talong (eggplant omelet or fried grilled-eggplant with egg or fried egg with grilled eggplant….. which one is correct??? … hhhmmm… thinking)
This is one of those food I love to eat but I can’t make it right when I cook it L
My tortang talong is always tasteless, you can’t even taste the flavor of neither the eggplant nor the egg L that’s how bad it is. But I still cook it for myself only, I don’t share! Because I know no one will like it.
Frederick’s tortang talong is tasty. It has the real flavor of the eggplant and the egginess of the egg L that is missing from my usual tortang talong. So from now on, he will be the one cooking tortang talong whenever I crave for it.
Eggplant – 2 pcs (medium size)
Eggs, medium – 2 pcs
Salt – to taste
Vegetable Seasoning Powder – 1/2 tsp
oil for frying
Cooking Procedure :
1. Oven-top grill the eggplants until it’s cook and tender. Frederick cook the eggplants on top of an open-flame stove’s .
2. Cool then peel off the charred skin.
3. Flatten the eggplants using the back of a fork. Check for any u”unwanted yucky thingy” in the eggplant. Set aside.
4. Beat the eggs with the salt and dip the eggplant on the egg mixture one at a time. Let it sit there.
5. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the dipped eggplant.
6. Drizzle the eggplant with the vegetable seasoning and ground pepper. Flip and fry both sides of the eggplant until it turned golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Good for 2 servings. Here’s the estimated Nutritional values per serving based on the ingredients used:
|Calories : 245 kcal||Total Fat: 28.2 g.|
|Cholesterol : 210 mg.||Saturated fat : 5 g.|
|Protein : 7.1 g||Dietary fiber : 2.5 g.|
|Sodium : 497 g.||Carbohydrate : 1.2 g|
PS: I posted my recipe of tortang talong before. Check this for comparison – Tortang Talong