A home-made spicy tuna and shitake pizza in bechamel sauce is what we had for supper tonight.
I used the focaccia recipe from my focaccia bread, as my pizza dough base which I kneaded using my two bear hands. I was so lazy to set-up and clean the bread machine so I decided to do it mano-mano (by hand)
It’s a simple yet delicious and satisfying meal for my husband (though Frederick prefers a simpler one – hawaiian pizza)
A. Ingredients for the Toppings:
Dehydrated Shitake, boiled – 15 g.
Bell pepper, diced – 70 g.
Onion, sliced into rings – 1 large bulb
Tuna, hot and spicy, drained – 1 can (180 g.)
B. Ingredients for the Bechamel Sauce:
Butter, melted – 50 g.
All Purpose Flour – 50 g.
Full Cream Milk – 250 ml
Water – 150 ml
Chicken Powder – 25 g. (1 1/2 tbsp)
Cheddar Cheese, grated – 100 g.
C. Other Ingredients :
D. Pizza dough ingredients :
you can also check the ingredients and baking procedure for focaccia (see Focaccia )
|Baker’s percentage||weight in grams|
|All Purpose Flour||100%||200|
Yeast – blue label
|Total dough weight||344|
Pizza Dough – see also Focaccia
1. Mise en Place. Mix all the dry ingredients for the pizza dough in a bowl.
2. Add water and the olive oil. Mix well. Transfer on a lightly floured surface and knead.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic, and let it ferment for 75 to 120 minutes.
4. Flatten the dough in an oiled baking pan. Spread more olive oil on the top of the dough.
5. Dimple the dough with your fingers. Proof it for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven. Par-bake the pizza dough at 200 degrees celsius for 15 minutes or until the focaccia turned light brown.
7. This recipe is good for one 12″ round pizza
1. Make a roux. On a non-stick pan, melt butter on a low fire. Add the flour and mix thoroughly using a wire whisk. continue whisking for 5 minutes to remove the “flour taste” in the mixture
2. Add the milk and water. Make sure that they are in room temperature. Turn off the fire. Mix the ingredients well. there should be no lumps on the sauce. Add the rest of the ingredients. continue to stir under low fire until the sauce is thick
Assembling and Cooking the Pizza
1. Spread half of the bechamel sauce on the par-baked pizza crust.
2. Sprinkle with Rosemarie and thyme
3. Spread the pizza toppings evenly on top of the bechamel sauce.
4. Preheat oven. Bake the pizza at 200 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.
Serve with ice cold coke
Makes 8 pizza slices . Here’s the estimated Nutritional values per slice based on the ingredients used including the toppings
Calories : 215.55 kcal Total Fat: 7.33 g.
Cholesterol : 8.25 mg. Saturated fat : 2 g.
Protein : 6.73 g Dietary fiber : 1.5 g.
Sodium : 610 mg. Carbohydrate : 26 g.