I have nothing to do so I decided to make a loaf bread. I actually wanted to do the sponge and dough method but then again I got lazy so i settled with the straight dough method.
You can try this at home instead of buying loaf bread from the supermarket or from the bakeshop. Knead it by hand if you don’t have any bread mixer or bread machine. It’s easy to make. Go easy on eating it though as it is high in calorie.
|Baker’s Percentage||Quantity in grams|
|Instant Yeast (Le Saf)||1%||3|
|Full Cream milk (+/-), cold||55-60%||165-180|
|Total Dough Weight||579-594 grams|
Yield : 1 rectangular loaf
Mixing Method : Straight Dough
Fermentation : 60-90 minutes
Scale : the same as the total dough weight
Proofing : 60 minutes
Baking in Bread Machine : 40 minutes or until the bread turns golden brown
Baking in an Oven : 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes (until it turned brown)
1. Mixing: Mix the dry ingredients (add the salt last)
1a. Bread mixer: Put all the ingredients in a bread mixer (mixer with the dough hook) and mix it on medium speed until full gluten is developed.
1b. Bread Machine : Put the milk, melted butter, and the rest of dry ingredients in the bread machine pan (follow the order). Press “dough only”. Mix until full gluten is developed
2. Remove it from the mixer bowl / bread machine pan, round it on a floured flat surface to get a ball, place it on a stainless bowl, cover and let it ferment for 60 minutes.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on a floured surface, and form a rectangular sheet.
4. Rest for 10 minutes.
5. Fold the two sides of the rectangular sheets toward the center. Then roll it up to form a cylindrical shape dough, and place it in a greased loaf-pan or the bread machine pan..
6. Proof in a warm area for 60-90 minutes or until it doubles in size. Brush top of the loaf with egg wash.
7. Bake :
7a. In an oven: Pre-heat oven and bake bread at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes (until it turned brown)
7b. In a bread machine : Press “bake only” and bake for 40 minutes or until the bread turns golden brown
8. Remove from the pan and cool it.
Yields 1 loaf bread. Here’s the estimated Nutritional values per 1 loaf based on the ingredients used. If you want to get the nutritional value per slice, just divide the nutritional values below by the number of slices you make.
|Calories : 1,781 kcal||Dietary fiber : 9 g.|
|Cholesterol :67.5 mg.||Total Fat: 49 g.|
|Protein : 45.39 g||Saturated fat : 24 g.|
|Sodium : 1,205 g.||Trans Fat : 1.8 g.|
|Carbohydrate : 293.46 g|