I was trying to copy the Chinese minced noodle I usually eat at hawker food courts but I wasn’t able to get the taste I wanted with this recipe.
Nonetheless, my husband Frederick and sister Kristine liked it that they want me to cook the same noodle dish again next time
Anyone who has the recipe for minced meat noodle or fishball noodle, the dry type usually sold at any HDB food hawker stalls? Please share it to me. I want it really badly 🙂 Thanks in advance…
Yee mee noodles – 100 to 150 g.
Shitake mushroom, reconstituted – as desired
Ground beef – 100 g.
Cabbage, julienned – as desired
Garlic, crushed and chopped – 6 cloves
Onion, diced – 1 medium
Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
Ground white pepper
Kikkoman soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Light soy sauce – 3 tbsp
Sweet sauce – 2 tbsp
Oyster Sauce – 2 tbsp
I used dehydrated shitake mushroom so I have to reconstitute it by soaking it in water for a while but since I didn’t have enough time, I just boiled it so we start on this.
1) Boil the dehydrated shitake mushrooms until they are cooked. Turn off the fire and add the cabbage. Drain and set aside.
2) Boil the yee mee noodles. Drain and set aside.
3) Mix the sauce ingredients together
4) Sauté garlic until the aroma comes out. Add the onions sauté it until they are translucent. Add the minced beef, fry until the beef turns brown.
5) Add the sauce mixture and let it simmer for a minute.
6) Stir in the cooked noodles, stir for at least two minutes then add the shitake mushroom and cabbage.
Serve with sunny-side up egg