This is a Japanese inspired baked chicken wing.
We are on a diet to lose weight. My aim is to actually bring back my weight of 53 kg, which is a result of my 2 months special loss weight program where I lost 6 + kg. Now I’m 57.6 so I need to lose weight fast in a month time. We have “biggest weight loser” game at home and the winner will take all the bets (SG$ 50 per person) and the loser will treat all the participants in a buffet dinner. I don’t want to be that loser. It’s expensive to lose the least weight.
So I’m cooking something healthy. No frying, all must be either grilled, boiled, or baked. Less sugar and less sodium though this recipe definitely is a bit high in both sugar and sodium though I already tried lessening both.
Try it 🙂 this one is delicious.
Chicken Wings – 8 to 10 pieces
Kikoman soy sauce – 50 ml
Mirin – 50 ml
Rice Wine – 50 ml
Sugar – 50 ml (by displacement measurement method)
Garlic, crushed and finely chopped – 6 cloves
Ginger, crushed and finely chopped – ½ of a thumbsize
Water – 2 tbsp
Cornstarch – 1 tbsp
1) Mix the yakitori sauce except for the water and cornstarch. Marinate the chicken wings in it for at least an hour
2) Preheat oven at 250 degrees Celsius
3) Baked chicken for 20-30 on each side.
4) In a sauce pan, bring the marinade into a boil.
5) Mix the cornstarch and water and pour it into the boiling marinade. Stir and cook until the sauce is thicken.
6) Coat the baked chicken in the cooked yakitori sauce.