Today is Aba’s (Kristine’s bf) steamed tilapia day. This is one of his expertise andmy personal favorite. According to him, this dish is a favorite pulutan among his peers that goes with beers. Mga
ipokritong sosyal wahahaha (hypocrite socialites??? is my english correct?) . They eat low calorie pulutan then drink high calorie beers ? and what for? to minimize the intake of calorie? 🙂 ok fine.
Black Tilapia – 2 large pieces
Ripe tomatoes – 2 large pieces (slice it to make a ring design)
Onion – 3 large bulbs (sliced making a ring design)
Garlic – 5 cloves
Oyster sauce – 5 tbsp
Sweet Sauce – 1 tbsp
Sunflower Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheddar cheese- 6 slices
1) Prepare the sauce. Chop the garlic using a mortar and pestle. Add Oyster sauce, sweet sauce, salt, & pepper. Set aside.
2) Slice the back and front of the tilapia to make a “pouch”. Rub the tilapias with salt. Stuff each tilapia with a slice of cheese, onions, tomatoes, and the sauce.Set aside
3) Arrange the tilapia and the rest of the ingredients separately on an aluminum foil in this manner:
Aluminum foil. Spread 1-2 tsp of the sauce, then a layer of onions and tomatoes, then a slice of cheese, the stuffed tilapia, then a slice of cheese, a layer of onions and tomatoes, then drizzle with 1-2 tsp of sauce.
4) fold in the aluminum foil and seal properly so that the sauce will not ooze out.
5) Place in a double boiler and steam for45 minutes. Serve.
This is what we had for lunch a while ago. Partnered with steamed pechay (bok choy) and Fried Garlic-Egg Rice . Great meal for a weekend
|preparing the tilapia|