Beef, cut into cubes – 500 g.
Potatoes, cut into cubes – 2 pcs., medium size
Cabbage, sliced – half of a head
Onions, diced – 1 medium bulb
Garlic, crushed – 5 cloves
Pepper corns – as desired
Fish Sauce – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
Water – more than enough to cover the beef
Kamote (sweet potato) can also be used instead of potato. Other leafy vegetables, like pechay, wom bok, etc., can be used instead of cabbage. Just make sure that the vegetables you use will not over power the flavor of the beef.
1. In a pressure cooker, sauté garlic and onion in oil.
2. Add the beef, stir and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes
3. Add water, peppercorns, and fish sauce and pressure cook for 20 minutes (start timing when the pressure cooker starts to whistle) or until the beef is tender and soft.
4. Add the potato and continue to boil.
5. Add more salt if necessary.
6. Add the cabbage and boil for a few minutes but make sure not to over cook the cabbage